The Engineering Manager contributes to developing Symbiosis’ mutually beneficial relationships by:
• Managing all plant and equipment in an operational state to support effectiveness and efficiency within Symbiosis.
• Ensuring that all plant and equipment operates within its agreed specification to guarantee the safety of operators and cost (of production) minimisation for clients.
• Develop maintenance policies and procedures.
• Develop and undertake planned preventative maintenance programmes according to an agreed schedule to ensure maximum reliability of all assets.
• To provide leadership to the site engineering team – coaching engineers during breakdowns and overseeing time critical repairs.
• Actively promote best practice and strive to achieve standards of excellence by identifying and implementing robust corrective actions for non-conformances.
• Undertake Health & Safety assessments on all items of plant and equipment prior to purchase, and throughout the life of the assets.
• Support of SAT, IQ/OQ and PQ protocols for any new item of plant or equipment.
Compliance & Quality Management
• Ensure all documentation relating to plant and equipment is generated, maintained, and archived in accordance with retention schedules and policies.
• Ensure all Engineering documentation is generated accurately and retained and archive securely according to the retention policy and schedule.
• Ensure QMS records owned by the engineering team are managed appropriately and that committed target dates for completion are met.
• Review building maintenance contracts, monitors activities of contract employees, and works closely with contractual supervisors to ensure compliance with contract specifications.
• Carry out quality inspections on jobs undertaken by external contractors.
• Maintain statutory compliance status for all relevant equipment. (Pressure systems, lifting equipment, electrical etc.)
• Monitor and control maintenance costs in line with defined budgets.
• Provide input into the development of long-range budget and planning information.
• To support the site business strategy through the management of an efficient and effective engineering function.
• On time delivery of all planned and preventative maintenance with minimal disruption to planned manufacturing schedule.
• Deal with unforeseen work and ensure the appropriate deployment of resource including contractors within agreed budgets.
• Out-source, co-ordinate, supervise and train any external contractors required to carry out work.
• Support client audits and regulatory inspections
Management & Development of Team
• Support the recruitment, induction, management and development of the Engineering staff to ensure they are clear about how they contribute to Symbiosis and can operate at their best.
• Understand the team’s needs, capabilities and preferred ways of working, and provide them with support and feedback.
Essential – HNC in electrical or mechanical engineering
Desirable - Degree qualified in relevant engineering discipline
• Working knowledge of clean room standards and medicinal product regulations.
• Good understanding of Laboratory/clean room processing equipment and facility services. (Balances, pumps, • • VLAF cabinets, Plant Steam, Clean steam WFI, HVAC etc.).
• Good Health & Safety knowledge. Knowledge of pressure systems, electrical and lifting equipment regulations.
• Recent experience of working in a regulated environment in a broad engineering or technical capacity.
• Change control management.
• Equipment and facilities maintenance and repair.
• Management of teams.
• Management of contractors.
• Regulatory audit experience
• PLC programme experience.
• CAD experience.
• CMMS experience.
• Freeze drying processes.
• HPV Bio decontamination
• Good organisational and time management skills
• Ability to communicate well across the business and build relationships with customers.
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, collaborative, and reliable.
• Strong technical mentoring ability.
• Ability to identify & resolve issues using a variety of techniques – schematics, control circuit diagrams, equipment manuals.
• Strong IT/Computer literacy Skills.
Problem solving tools 5-why, DMAIC etc.
Please submit your details, CV and a covering message to apply for this role.