PURPOSE & SCOPE OF THE POSITION
The Supply Chain Technician is responsible for…
- Receipting deliveries, creating shipping documents, purchase orders, and labels; pulling inventory from stock and preparing shipments; performing inventory control, tracking shipment requests, and ensure customer requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Coordinating and shipping of in process samples and finished products to test laboratories and clinics worldwide.
- Supporting the manufacturing schedule through issuing materials and components to pick lists in a timely manner
- Timeously actioned of goods receipting processes of deliveries into warehouse, including checking documentation
- Educated to a minimum of 5 National 5’s or Higher in Mathematics and English
- Educated to degree level in Life Sciences
- IT Skills – Microsoft Packages
- ERP or Inventory Management Software
- Ability to follow and complete manufacturing documentation accurately
- Experience in a service company and with a very strong client orientation
- Experience of a GMP controlled cleanroom environment
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacture
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Effective communication skills
- Flexible and adaptive team player with the ability to work independently when required
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively in a busy environment
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks according to business and manufacturing requirements
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and cover letter, detailing your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facilitating the shipping of products from one destination to another by preparing shipping documentation for shipment requests and pro forma invoices to send to clients and prepare loads for shipment
- Verifying product picklists and support manufacturing using manual and electronic systems.
- Arranging transportation, schedule resources, and orchestrate deliveries to meet customer demand.
- Responsible for the ownership of the inventory within stores and carry out daily/weekly/monthly cycle counts as required to maintain a high level of inventory accuracy.
- Issuing material and components to pick lists to fully support manufacturing production schedules
- Being cross trained in processing shipping requests, goods receipting, locating, picking, and preparing products for onward distribution.
- Assisting in the undertaking of reviews associated with Corrective Action/Preventative Action (CAPA), deviations, including investigations and out of specifications
- Reporting any developing problems to the Supply Chain Manager
- Showing a high level of attention to detail when completing tasks on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Continually reviewing freight costs and transportation rates to keep costs down where possible.
- Streamlining shipping and transportation processes
Compliance & Quality Management
- Taking steps to avoid quality control issues.
- Undertaking general house-keeping and maintenance of the facility in an “audit-ready” state at all times
- Ensuring my training records are up to date and accurate as per current SOP revisions
- Contact for allocated projects and liaison with Project Management staff to ensure necessary information is available to complete shipments.
- Liaising with manufacturing staff to ensure delivery of components in a timely manner