PURPOSE & SCOPE OF THE POSITION
The Supply Chain Technician is responsible for
- Receipting deliveries, creating shipping documents, purchase orders, and labels; pulling inventory from stock and preparing shipments; performing inventory control, tracking shipment requests, and ensure customer requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Coordinating and shipping of in process samples and finished products to test laboratories and clinics worldwide.
- Supporting the manufacturing schedule through issuing materials and components to pick lists in a timely manner
- Timeously actioned of goods receipting processes of deliveries into warehouse, including checking documentation
- Educated to a minimum of 5 National 5’s or Higher in Mathematics and English.
- Educated to degree level in Life Sciences.
- IT Skills – Microsoft Packages.
- ERP or Inventory Management Software.
- Ability to follow and complete manufacturing documentation accurately.
- Experience in a service company and with a very strong client orientation.
- Experience of a GMP controlled cleanroom environment.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacture.
- Lean manufacturing experience.
- Effective communication skills.
- Flexible and adaptive team player with the ability to work independently when required.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively in a busy environment.
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks according to business and manufacturing requirements
We would like to invite application for full time, office-based hours, however, we will also consider applicants interested in part-time hours.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and cover letter, detailing your salary requirements to email@example.com
- Facilitating the shipping of products from one destination to another by preparing shipping documentation for shipment requests and pro forma invoices to send to clients and prepare loads for shipment.
- Verifying product picklists and support manufacturing using manual and electronic systems.
- Arranging transportation, schedule resources, and orchestrate deliveries to meet customer demand.
- Responsible for the ownership of the inventory within stores and carry out daily/weekly/monthly cycle counts as required to maintain a high level of inventory accuracy.
- Issuing material and components to pick lists to fully support manufacturing production schedules.
- Being cross trained in processing shipping requests, goods receipting, locating, picking, and preparing products for onward distribution.
- Assisting in the undertaking of reviews associated with Corrective Action/Preventative Action (CAPA), deviations, including investigations and out of specifications.
- Reporting any developing problems to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Showing a high level of attention to detail when completing tasks on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Continually reviewing freight costs and transportation rates to keep costs down where possible.
- Streamlining shipping and transportation processes.
Compliance & Quality Management
- Taking steps to avoid quality control issues.
- Undertaking general house-keeping and maintenance of the facility in an “audit-ready” state at all times.
- Ensuring my training records are up to date and accurate as per current SOP revisions.
- Contact for allocated projects and liaison with Project Management staff to ensure necessary information is available to complete shipments.
- Liaising with manufacturing staff to ensure delivery of components in a timely manner.