PURPOSE & SCOPE OF THE POSITION
The Project Manager contributes to developing Symbiosis’ mutually beneficial relationships by managing the active phase of assigned client projects once the business development function has successfully sold the Symbiosis services. Ensuring that projects are delivered on time, to the specifications required, and in line with mutually agreed client expectations, while effectively communicating with the client on the status of projects.
- Educated to degree level in Life Sciences or related field.
- Project Management Qualifications/ training (desirable).
- Knowledge of Project Management Processes and excellent client-facing skills.
- Knowledge of CMO’s (desirable).
- Experience in a GxP environment.
- At least 1 years’ experience of working as a Project Manager within a GxP environment (desirable).
- Effective communication and organisational skills.
- Excellent client-facing skills and a desire to meet/exceed client
- The ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects showing negotiation and leadership skills.
- Flexible and adaptive team player.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively in a busy environment.
We would like to invite application for full time, office-based hours, however, we will also consider applicants interested in part-time hours.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and cover letter, detailing your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Responsible for monitoring, coordinating, and communicating to ensure relevant client information is distributed to the different functional units within Symbiosis and externally to CRO and other partners.
- Manage the active phase of assigned client projects, highlighting to the Head of Project Management any anticipated project delays suggesting options to manage such delays.
- Communicate with the client at all stages of the projects (from an introductory call through to project completion) regarding their specific requirements and to
update the client on the status of their project.
- Monitor the progression of the assigned project by working closely with the manufacturing, admin, business development and quality teams.
- Communicate any updates to the team in terms of project cancellations to ensure that scheduling is as efficient as possible.
- Maintain project management tracking database and provide monitoring data for performance indicators throughout the project lifecycle.
- Perform an internal project review after project completion to assess what went well and what could be improved next time.
- Participate in system improvements projects.
- Advise admin when stages of work are completed to enable timeous billing and notify business development and admin if there are any scope changes requested by or arising from the Client’s project.
- Communicate, meet with or chair a project planning meeting as appropriate with a representative from the relevant functional areas of the business and CROs to communicate project requirements and to prepare project plans for assigned projects.
- Perform a project handover with the Business Development department, ensuring that all elements of the project agreed up to that point are clearly understood and transferred.
- Support the Head of Project Management manage client complaints in conjunction with other business functions e.g., to ensure that issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Participate in internal, external and client audits.
- Attend, participate and contribute to regular staff and management meetings,
- Invest in developing relationships with all staff to fully understand how I can best help them to develop and deliver to each other and our clients.
- Invest in developing relationships with the management team to ensure we are a high performing PM team and Symbiosis’ services meet expectations.