PURPOSE & SCOPE OF THE POSITION
The Procurement Officer is responsible for:
- Coordinating procurement activities in support of Client projects and internal stakeholders, in line with the agreed manufacturing schedule and forecasts.
- Reviewing of procurement efficiencies and generating management reports and identifying opportunities for improvements and supporting internal process improvement projects as required.
- Educated to a minimum of 5 National 5’s or Higher in Mathematics and English
- Educated to degree level in Life Sciences
- CIPS qualification or working towards CIPS qualification
- IT Skills – Microsoft Packages
- ERP or Inventory Management Software
- Ability to follow and complete manufacturing documentation accurately
- Experience in a service company and with a very strong client orientation
- Experience of a GMP controlled cleanroom environment
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacture
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Effective communication skills
- Flexible and adaptive team player with the ability to work independently when required
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively in a busy environment
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks according to business and manufacturing requirements
If you are interested in applying for the role at Symbiosis please send your CV and covering letter to Lorraine Den-Kaat by email and detailing your salary requirements to: Lorraine.Den-Kaat@symbiosis-pharma.com.
- Establish, monitor, and measure minimum stock order levels minimising potential inventory discards and the capital held in unused stock.
- Request quotations and price updates via third party procurement facilitator and directly with established and new suppliers to support ongoing manufacturing projects and Business Development enquiries.
- Liaise with Amici to ensure stock is delivered on time and report progress to Internal stakeholders (e.g. Technical, Manufacturing, Project Management etc).
- Support introduction of new and ongoing excipient/API/consumable specifications by acting as the main supplier/distributor contact.
- Establish, maintain, review and improve the process’s required for inventory management in accordance with GMP and new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
- Populate performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain procurement activities. Analyse inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, contractors to facilitate ‘value’ in terms of costs, compliance, and robust delivery of the agreed schedule.
- Support Supply Chain Manager and COO with updating and introducing Service Level Agreement (SLA) for products and services.
- Support the Supply Chain Manager and COO regarding, reviewing supplier performance, and recording and trending procurement related issues.
- Support onsite procurement reviews with Amici and direct supplier/distributor relationships as required.
Compliance & Quality Management
- Ensure Quality Standards are achieved and maintained in relevant areas by owning and progressing associated enquiries with suppliers, to support deviations (including investigations and OOS).
- Participate in internal Financial audits (e.g. Stock Inventory queries).
- Support recording and processing of Supplier notifications.
- Ensuring my training records are up to date and accurate as per current SOP revisions
- Work through the Manufacturing Scheduling meeting (SAM) and future business evaluations, develop, implement, and manage inventory forecasts, and plans to facilitate delivery of the manufacturing schedule.
- Participate in the coordination of engineering changes, projects and expansion activities to ensure orderly and timely transitions in materials, equipment or production flow.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as Business Development, Technical, Engineering, and Quality Assurance, to identify or qualify new suppliers. Implement new or improved procurement processes.
- Support the Supply Chain Manager and COO in the recruitment, induction, and development of the procurement function as required.