PURPOSE & SCOPE OF THE POSITION
The Head of Supply Chain contributes to developing Symbiosis’ mutually beneficial relationships by:
- Leading the Supply Chain function, with a core focus on process improvements, material planning and delivering on business-critical projects by working closely with the Chief Operating Officer and the wider Senior Management Team.
- Overseeing procurement, warehousing, QA release and dispatch of consumables, excipients, samples, and finished product in line with the agreed manufacturing schedule.
- Delivering safe and effective management of processes relating to direct movement, storage, or processing of inventory.
- Extensive supply chain experience from multiple roles and having applied knowledge in practice.
- Ideally, several years’ experience working in a highly regulated GMP manufacturing environment.
- Experience in GMP quality systems and standards.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety compliance.
- Knowledge of process improvement techniques.
- Experience in leading an effective team.
- Line management experience and effective team-working
- Educated to a degree level, ideally, CIPS qualified.
- Demonstrate excellent Supply Chain knowledge and other related support processes in practice.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Effective planning and organisation.
- Demonstrates flexibility in a fast-moving environment.
- Adaptability in a fast-paced growth-oriented organisation.
- Good Communication Skills; verbal and written.
- Attention to detail.
- Mediation, influencing and leading.
- Strong teamwork ethic.
- Experience participating in and developing efficient teams.
- Proactively responds to challenges and shows initiative.
- Proactively drives forward process improvements.
- Continuous improvement approach to operations to ensure cost-effectiveness.
- Experienced training and proactively upskilling competency level in the department.
- Ability to quickly implement changes to activities to meet client needs.
- Record of achieving objectives to agreed timescales.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and cover letter, detailing your salary requirements to email@example.com
- Oversee all operational supply chain activities and personnel, which includes Warehousing, Shipments, procurement, and compliance.
- Manage third party storage facilities and ensure that material and service levels are effectively controlled.
- Lead Service Level Agreement (SLA) discussion in collaboration with other departments to ensure that the business remains agile.
- Support strategic supply chain discussions with both internal and external stakeholder (e.g. client calls) to ensure information is provided as accurately and efficiently as possible.
- Support the generation and reporting of Supply chain KPI’s to demonstrate performance levels.
- Deliver regular departmental updates to the COO and wider SMT and regular appraisal of operations to ensure the department adapts with changing demands on the team and wider operations.
- Establish, maintain, review, and improve the process’s required for inventory management in accordance with GMP and new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
- Ensure that the physical supply chain processes are documented and followed, such as workflows, cycle times, timely and accurate transaction completion, or system flows.
- Define performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain factors. Analyse inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Establish, monitor, and measure minimum stock order levels minimising potential inventory discards and the capital held in unused stock.
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, contractors to facilitate ‘value’ in terms of costs, compliance and robust delivery of the agreed schedule.
- Support business development, project management and technical during project evaluations to determine the feasibility of the project (e.g. material lead times).
Compliance & Quality Management
- Ensure Quality Standards are achieved and maintained in relevant areas by owning and progressing associated with CAPA, deviations (including investigations and OOS).
- Participate in internal, external and client audits.
- Work through the Manufacturing Scheduling meeting (SAM) and future business evaluations, develop, implement, and manage inventory forecasts, and plans to facilitate delivery of the manufacturing schedule.
- Participate in the coordination of engineering changes, projects, and expansion activities to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material and production flow.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as engineering, and quality assurance, to identify or qualify new suppliers. Implement new or improved supply chain processes.