purpose & scope of the position
The Supply Chain Technician will participate in the entire supply chain process and is responsible for:
- Receipting deliveries, creating shipping documents, purchase orders, and labels; pulling inventory from stock and preparing shipments; performing inventory control, tracking shipment requests, and ensuring customer requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Coordinating and shipping of in process samples and finished products to test laboratories and clinics worldwide.
- Supporting the manufacturing schedule through issuing materials and components to pick lists in a timely manner.
- Timeously actioning of goods receipting processes of deliveries into warehouse, including checking documentation.
- Educated to a minimum of 5 National 5’s or higher in Mathematics and English is essential
- Educated to degree level in Life Sciences is desirable
- IT skills (with Microsoft packages) is essential
- Knowledge of ERP or Inventory Management Software is desirable
- Ability to follow and complete manufacturing documentation accurately is essential
- Experience in a service company and with a very strong client orientation is essential
- Experience of a GMP controlled cleanroom environment is desirable
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacture is desirable
- Lean manufacturing experience is desirable
- Effective communication skills are essential
- Ability to be a flexible and adaptive team player with the ability to work independently when required is essential
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively in a busy environment is essential
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks according to business and manufacturing requirements is desirable
- Facilitating the shipping of products from one destination to another by preparing shipping documentation for shipment requests and pro forma invoices to send to clients and prepare loads for shipment.
- Verifying product picklists and supporting manufacturing using manual and electronic systems.
- Arranging transportation, scheduling resources, and orchestrating deliveries to meet customer demand.
- Responsible for the ownership of the inventory within stores and carry out daily/weekly/monthly cycle counts as required to maintain a high level of inventory accuracy.
- Issuing material and components to pick lists to fully support manufacturing production schedules.
- Being cross trained in processing shipping requests, goods receipting, locating, picking, and preparing products for onward distribution.
- Assisting in the undertaking of reviews associated with Corrective Action/Preventative Action (CAPA), deviations, including investigations and out of specifications.
- Reporting any developing problems to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Showing a high level of attention to detail when completing tasks on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Continually reviewing freight costs and transportation rates to keep costs down where possible.
- Streamlining shipping and transportation processes.
COMPLIANCE & QUALITY MANAGEMENT
- Taking steps to avoid quality control issues.
- Undertaking general house-keeping and maintenance of the facility to ensure it is in an “audit-ready” state at all times.
- Ensuring training records are up to date and accurate as per current SOP revisions.
- Contact for allocated projects and liaison with Project Management staff to ensure necessary information is available to complete shipments.
- Liaising with manufacturing staff to ensure delivery of components in a timely manner.
If you are interested in applying for the role of Supply Chain Technician at Symbiosis please send your CV and covering letter to Lorraine Den-Kaat by email to: Lorraine.Den-Kaat@symbiosis-pharma.com.