PURPOSE & SCOPE OF THE POSITION
Symbiosis Pharmaceutical Services was established in 2011 in response to increasing global demand for niche, sterile manufacturing specialists that could satisfy product supply needs for clinical trials.
We are a UK-based contract manufacturing organisation (CMO) that specialises in the GMP manufacture and sterile fill-finish of vials for clinical trials and low volume commercial supply.
Our biologic and small molecule production capabilities support biotech and pharmaceutical companies across the world that require injectable products.
The Business Development Associate contributes to developing Symbiosis’ mutually beneficial relationships by:
- Spearheading Symbiosis inside sales function growth, identifying new sales leads and closing existing opportunities to subsequently grow profitable sales revenues for Symbiosis and our customers.
- Translating the existing Symbiosis business development strategy into a sales plan on an international basis.
- Educated to degree level or relevant experience in a similar role
- IT skills – Microsoft packages
- Ability to work on own initiative
- 1 years + experience in business development
- Strong communication skills, both with colleagues and clients
- Flexible and adaptive team player
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively in a busy environment
- Building client relationships between respective individuals and companies
- Evaluating sales enquiries
- Scoping client needs in terms of project requirements
- Targeting company profiling for assessment of new business opportunities
- Appraising new business opportunities, constructing sales agreements accordingly
- Qualifying new business enquiries, compiling accurate costs
- Generating proposals and timelines, invoicing phasing to support external BDM’s in closing new business
- Evaluating sales leads from prospective clients working in conjunctions with BDM’s for project scoping
- Liaise with internal functions for evaluation of new potential business, managing the internal process management from enquiry to signature
- Provide technical input into sales contracts
- Understand the service offering to integrate into the operational systems and facilitate delivery of new project proposals to clients
- Support preparations for external events participation
- Implement and manage the CRM system to track sales process
- Attend, participate and contribute to regular staff and management meetings, as necessary
- Invest in developing relationships with all staff to fully understand their how I can best develop their knowledge of clients
- Invest in developing relationships with the management team to ensure we are a high performing BD team and Symbiosis’ services meet expectations
- Act as an ambassador for the company
This role is based in our Stirling, Scotland office. If you are interested in applying for the role of Business Development Associate at Symbiosis please send your CV and covering letter, detailing your salary requirements to Lorraine Den-Kaat by email to: Lorraine.Den-Kaat@symbiosis-pharma.com