PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION
The Project Manager (PM) will have responsibility for managing the active phase of assigned client projects once the business development function has successfully sold the Symbiosis services.
The PM will co-ordinate processes to ensure projects are delivered on time, to the specifications required, and in line with mutually agreed client expectations.
Management of the client relationship is a key responsibility of the PM role, who will effectively communicate with the client on the status and progress of the projects.
In addition the PM will provide a monitoring, coordinating and communicating role to ensure relevant client information is distributed to the
different functional units within Symbiosis and externally to CRO and other partners.
The Project Manager reports to the Head of Project Management. They will manage
assigned client projects from handover by business development through to delivery
of the product and other agreed work to the client and subsequent project review.
They will work closely with all business areas to ensure that the client requirements
are communicated effectively at all stages of the project and that a quality service is
They will communicate regularly with the client throughout the project by a
method and frequency that the client prefers.
Technical background in either pharmaceutical manufacturing and/or testing in is required.
Previous project management experience is required in a company from the life science industry.
Experience in a service-orientated company and with a very strong client-orientation is required.
Experience working effectively within a team is also necessary.
Ability to manage project timelines and scope, excellent communication skills, flexible and adaptable team player, scientific knowledge to life sciences degree level. Appropriate IT skills and experience.
- To manage the active phase of assigned client projects, highlighting to the Head of Project Management any anticipated project delays suggesting
options to manage such delays.
- To perform a project handover with the Business Development department, ensuring that all elements of the project agreed up to that point are clearly
understood and transferred.
- To communicate with the client at all stages of the projects (from a Kick Off Meeting through to project completion) regarding their specific requirements and also providing regular client updates.
- To communicate, meet with or chair a project planning meeting as appropriate with a representative from the relevant functional areas of the business and CROs to communicate project requirements and to prepare project plans for
- To monitor the progression of the assigned project by working closely with the manufacturing, admin, business development and quality teams.
- To advise admin when stages of work are completed to enable timeous billing and notify business development and admin if there are any scope changes requested by or arising from the Client’s project.
- To communicate any updates to the team in terms of project cancellations to ensure that scheduling is as efficient as possible.
- To maintain project management tracking database and provide monitoring data for performance indicators throughout the project lifecycle.
- To perform an internal project review after project completion to assess what went well and what could be improved next time.
- To support the Head of Project Management to handle client complaints in conjunction with other business functions e.g , to ensure that issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- To participate in system improvements projects.
- To participate in training sessions.
- To participate in internal, external and client audits.
- To perform any other reasonable duties as required by the business.
If you are interested in applying for the role please send your CV and covering letter to Lorraine Den-Kaat by email to: Lorraine.Den-Kaat@symbiosis-pharma.com